The only vehicle involved in the accident was a Lexus whose driver, a 58-year-old woman, is now dead. The passenger of the Lexus is facing injuries that are life-threatening. This accident happened Tuesday morning on 66th Street N in St. Petersburg. The accident happened when the driver, Claudette Powell, was heading north on Pasadena Avenue. She was merging onto 66th Street when she lost control of the vehicle and hit a tree, which led to the car to flip. Her passenger, an 85-year-old woman suffered life-threatening injuries.
If you are ever in an accident like this and suffer serious injuries, please follow these tips to get justice for your damages:
1. Seek immediate medical attention. Don’t delay getting yourself in front of a doctor.
- Ultimately, we have to prove to either an adjuster or to a jury that you’ve been injured. The best way to do that is through the medical documentation. The person who turns away the ambulance or decides that they don’t have time to go to the hospital can be making a big mistake. Sometimes we don’t always understand how badly we’ve been injured when the adrenaline is still flowing right after the accident. Sometimes it takes time for our body to finally feel and experience the pain and suffering that has been inflicted upon us by the other driver’s inattentiveness.
2. Collect evidence on the scene and be sure NEVER to say it was your fault.
- It’s best to document the scene, if you can, by taking pictures of the damages to the vehicles there at the scene. If there’s a witness there that is waiting for law enforcement to arrive and they don’t want to wait any longer, get a picture of their driver’s license so that they can go on their way and you can give that information to a law enforcement officer. Cooperate 100% with the officers that investigate the accident. Make sure you get prompt medical attention.
3. Call a lawyer for a free consultation as soon as you can to get much needed guidance.
- When deciding on who you should hire, you should look at the person’s web page; check out their experience, and their history. Someone who comes right out of law school may or may not appreciate all the nuances that are involved in a car accident case. Some attorneys may spend a lot of money advertising on radio, television, or billboards. That does not make them the best attorney. We take special pride in how much we care about our clients. We want to help them in the best way possible. We aggressively approach the case, not just in terms of collecting evidence, but also in terms of our discussions with the adjusters and our presentation of the case at trial.
Contact our dedicated Tampa Bay car accident lawyers at Perenich Law Injury Attorneys today for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation. Let our experience work for you.
See the full article on Tampa Bay Times