Life is a journey filled with unexpected challenges, and sometimes, the unexpected can change the course of our lives in an instant. During these critical moments, a helping hand can make all the difference. We at Perenich Law Injury Attorneys are proud to announce the A Friend In Need Scholarship to honor and celebrate the power of human compassion and resilience. This scholarship opportunity is a testament to the belief that adversity can be a transformative experience, leading individuals to lend a helping hand to those in need or receiving one themselves. Through this scholarship, we hope to inspire kindness throughout our communities.
We invite students to share a personal story of empathy, selflessness, and resilience. Have you ever been in a situation where you rushed to help someone who faced a traumatic accident? Your story could inspire others to be compassionate and proactive in helping those in need.
Conversely, was there a time when someone’s kindness and support changed the trajectory of your life following a traumatic event? Perhaps a friend, family member, or even a stranger stepped in when you needed it most. How did their actions shape your perspective on life?
Share your experiences of providing or receiving comfort, support, and assistance during a time of crisis. Through this scholarship, we will award one student with $1,000 to be used towards reaching their academic goals.
- Any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student enrolled in a US institution for the upcoming academic semester.
- Employees of Perenich Law Injury Attorneys, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the opportunity.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and good overall academic standing.
- All majors are welcome to apply.
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, applicants must provide the following:
- A 750-1,000 word essay response to this prompt: Facing a traumatic accident can take a toll on a person. In these times of need, having the ones we care about in our lives is crucial. Write about a time that you have come to help someone who faced a traumatic accident or how someone came to your aid and how their actions shaped you.
- An updated resume that lists academic, professional, and volunteer experiences.
- A current or most recent official or unofficial academic transcript.
- For high school seniors: proof of acceptance to their college or university.
Application Deadline & Instructions:
Scholarship applications must be submitted before midnight on June 30, 2024. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
If selected, please note that we may feature your name, biography, photos, essay, etc., on our website and social media platforms.
Please submit your application via the submission form below.